SUMMER EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE DEVELOPMENT (SEED)
This program provides secondary, post-secondary or vocational students with the provision of incremental career development / work experience opportunities.
Proposed jobs must meet the following criteria:
- Provide a quality experience that prepares students for their future labour market participation
- Provide students with the necessary supervision, learning and work experience;
- Provide a minimum of 30 hrs/wk during summer (SEED) and not exceed a maximum of 40 hrs/wk of employment. Applications which propose to provide part-time employment for disabled students are also eligible;
- Best Matches provides a minimum of 16 hrs/wk not to exceed a maximum of 24 hrs/wk.
- Pay at least the provincial adult minimum hourly wage;
- Do not displace or replace existing employees or volunteers, employees on lay-off, employees absent due to labour management dispute or employees on vacation;
- Do not provide personal services to an employer;
- Are not jobs for which funding will be received or claimed from any other government source, except where such funding is provided pursuant to a federal / provincial agreement designed to harmonise federal and provincial job creation programs;
- Will be carried out in accordance with all applicable laws;
- Would not be created without the financial assistance provided under this agreement.
Eligible Participants: In addition to those previously stated under Eligibility Requirements include:
- Students who have attended school on a full time basis in the preceding school year and intend to return to school full time in the next academic year.
- Students participating must be a minimum of fourteen  years of age.
- Secondary students receive a maximum equivalent to adult minimum wage rate.
- Post Secondary students receive a wage contribution of $10.875 / hr
Not For Profit:
- Secondary students receive a wage contribution to a maximum equivalent to adult minimum wage rate per hour;
- Post secondary students receive a wage contribution of $10.875/hr;
Minimum of 6 weeks to a maximum of 18 weeks.
For more information contact: Nathan Sunday, Youth Coordinator
Phone: (613) 575-2626 ext. 213 email: firstname.lastname@example.org